Thursday, May 3, 2012


118/366

We met up with my brother so he could help me figure out why my van was squawking every time I braked. Luckily the problem was solved easily with new brake pads, and even luckier my brother went to school to learn how to do exactly this sort of thing. Beyond the much quieter driving experience I've noticed a big difference in the way the brakes feel. Which is both a relief, now that they are fixed, and terrifying, that I was driving on less than perfect brakes for so long. Az's great-grandma had given her a toy car the night before that she had picked up from a garage sale so we brought it along to help pass time in the parking lot. It's missing the tall handle in back that one would use to push and steer it but luckily Az has a brother willing to push her around.
She was fascinated by what her uncle was doing, but also didn't want him to catch her looking at him. She's always been shy with her uncle, I think it's because she sees him rough-housing with her brother and doesn't know what to make of him. So every time S would look over at her she would quickly look away.
I wanted to drop the toy car off at Goodwill on the way home because I know I'm not dedicated enough to spend my back on pushing Az around, but Z was adamant we needed to keep the car for his sister and that he would be willing to push her around in it whenever called to the duty. He said that he really wanted his sister to be able to keep the car because it made her so happy. Obviously I had no choice but to haul it back home after that.
Az having a snack in her car, hanging out next to Mom's car with Dad's car off in the background.
\

No comments:

Post a Comment