Friday, January 27, 2012

Through the Looking Glass

27/366

Az experimenting with a piece of plastic. I'm not sure where it came from or where it went after these photos.

It was a hectic day; I woke up just as I was supposed to be beginning teaching first period. Migs has been driving me to work and then Z to school the past couple of days so this meant that not only did I have to get myself ready as quickly as possible, but I had to get both of the kids ready and out the door as well. Z has trouble moving expeditiously in the mornings but this morning he got himself ready in less than ten minutes, about an hour faster than his previous record. It was one of the sweetest gestures he could have made for me; he knew how important it was that I get to work ASAP and so he managed to bypass his need for things to be done in his very particular Z way. You'd have to know the kid to get the magnitude of the gesture, but believe me it was a heart-warming one.

After work Migs took me around to run errands for work until he realized that he was about to run out of gas, at which point we all came home and enjoyed a night in. It seems like the days that Migs gets to spend out of the house just him and his daughter are good for his soul; both days he picked me up in an extremely good mood, full of stories of his adventures with Az.

1 comment: