Sunday, November 11, 2012

292/366
Last year I discovered a dairy farm that also operates as a pumpkin patch during October. We decided to check it out last year based solely on those merits, and were rewarded with the surprise that it was also a potato farm in addition to this. We had had a blast digging our own potatoes the year before and Miguel had made a roast and potato meal that night that all of our palettes were still longing for, so of course we had to do the whole thing again this year. Az was less than enthralled by digging potatoes and was ready for a nap by then so the two of us went off to find a quieter place to nurse while the boys did the digging. I've never been a huge fan of potatoes, most likely as a result of the fact that my dad was so very fond of them, and served them with most meals, but there is just something about eating food you just dug from the ground that day (and it just might taste even better when it was your boyfriend and son that did the digging.) This year the farm had four types of potatoes, one of which was a Peruvian purple. The flesh of the potato is a beautiful vivid purple, and to my taste buds the taste actually lived up to the flashiness. I just might have found a potato that I like. Too bad I only know where to get them one month out of the year, if that one farm decides to grow them.

No comments:

Post a Comment