Sunday, June 17, 2012

146/366

Tonight we went to the chicken barbeque put on by the homeowners association, which benefits...the community I suppose. I've never really thought about what the money goes towards until Miguel asked. I assume I'm supporting something I'm in favor of with my barbequed chicken consumption. I hope I am at least, it's good chicken.

The barbeque happens two times a year (I think. Geez, I'm really beginning to realize how little I know about it) and has been going on for at least the 30+ years of my life. Not that long ago it was a big event for my family; my grandfather would go down bright and early with a table cloth to reserve a picnic table for the family and the extended family and friends would gather for dinner and music. Now though it's just Miguel, the kids, and me. We didn't go down early to reserve a spot so we were left to sit on the grass with our meals. It was still nice though, the same band that has played since my earliest memories plays on and the kids line up for the talent show. The talent show looks different now though. When I was a kid there were lots of renditions of "I'm a Little Teapot." This year three of the contestants danced to "Party Rock" by LMFAO.

After the talent show we went next door to our tiny miniature golf. They've doubled the prices since Z and I last went; a game now costs an entire dollar. Miguel and Z played while I chased Az around the place. I don't think I'll be taking her miniature golfing again for a while, all she wanted to do was run up and down the putting lanes, and the people around us were taking their games surprisingly seriously. All in all it wasn't a bad night for an event we could walk to.

No comments:

Post a Comment