Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Mega Blocks, Mega Fun

65/366
Today I pulled down one of the bins of Mega Blocks that has been living in far reaches of Z's closet. Az was instantly intrigued with the new-to-her toys and I was instantly intrigued in the way she played with them. Even at not-yet-two Z spent his time building structures and machines and engineering materials in ways I never thought possible. I don't think he ever gave any of the figurines and people that came with the sets a thought further than how he could work them into a structure. Az, on the other hand, was transfixed by the people. I tried to show her how to build a simple house but she just wanted to put the people on blocks and line them up. Occasionally the block-enhanced people would interact briefly with each other but mostly they just found new ways to line up. I don't know why I hadn't thought to pull down the Mega Blocks before now but I plan on making them part of of the normal toy rotation; I'm interested to see what the people line-ups evolve into.

No comments:

Post a Comment