Tuesday, March 13, 2012

71/366
Today was one of those hard ones as a mama. I had to go to work and leave my sick baby. I knew I was fortunate to be able to leave her in the loving hands of her dad, but no one is as good as your own arms. Miguel was so vigilant about taking care of her sick needs (keeping track of her temperature, making sure she got lots of sleep, etc.) that he forgot to tend to her regular baby needs; he only remembered to change her diaper once in a 24-hour period. When I got home she was sporting a very heavy, full diaper but after a fresh change and extra diaper cream she seemed no worse for wear and content to watch her favorite musical video of a little girl dancing on youtube. The next morning I made sure Miguel had changed her diaper before I left for work.

No comments:

Post a Comment