Sunday, February 19, 2012

A Ratical Idea

6/52
Z with one of his grandmother's pet rats. Getting the kids a pet has been heavily on my mind lately, largely because Az is completely obsessed with animals these days. Z has wanted a pet for a while now. I promised him a pet rat a couple of years ago, but instead I gave him a little sister. He seems to think that I still owe him a pet rat, though with interest he now thinks it should be a cat. I've never been a cat person, but I have to admit that the thought of having a cat underfoot for the kids to harass bond with has started to become more and more attractive. I'm not sure I'm up to the commitment of a cat though. Kids I can take on without any second thoughts, but for some reason I feel like cats and dogs are more commitment than I can handle at the moment. Kittens are awfully cute though, aren't they?

1 comment: