Tuesday, August 28, 2012

218/366
Ever since it was actually her birthday Az has been adamant that it was still her birthday. Some days she would concede that it was Grandma's birthday, but most days were a reason to celebrate Az in her book. I had finally convinced her that it was no longer her birthday when we got together with her great aunt D for a belated birthday exchange. Now there's no convincing her that she hasn't been correct about it being her birthday all along. After all, people are giving her presents still so it must be. Oh well, if I could pretend every day were my birthday I would too. I'd be getting a lot more breakfast in bed. I don't think I've ever been served breakfast in bed come to think of it. I'm going to have to rectify that, birthday or not.

We met up with Aunt D in Cloverdale for pizza and a movie, except the movie was extra special because we got to watch it in the street! I don't know what I was expecting but the giant inflatable screen surpassed any expectations I might have had. The movie was We Bought a Zoo, which we had all seen but it was still fun. Az didn't quite have the attention span to watch the entire film, especially when we were outside where there were tons of things to explore, so Miguel got the honor of walking around with her. She watched more of the movie than I had expected (much more than she did when we watched it at home previously) and she wasn't the loudest or most disruptive kid there so I'm calling the night a success. I don't know if we'll get the chance to do something like this again this summer but now I just have something to add to my To Do list for next summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment