Friday, July 13, 2012

183/366
Miguel, the kids, and I met up with my friend Naomi for a barbeque at Steelhead Beach today. I think Steelhead is going to be our go to beach for a while until Sunset simmers down. The other morning as we were driving by Miguel pointed out a car in the lot that appeared to have been recently set on fire. After my own experience with window smashing there recently I'm crossing Sunset Beach off of places we frequent.

I don't think barbeques are strictly allowed on the beach proper, as a barbeque area is provided near the parking area, but Miguel carried down a small portable one to cook some chicken for us. I had expected the beach would be packed and full of people to object to our smoke but for most of the time we were the only people on the beach. And when we got back to the van, it was fully intact. Steelhead definitely went up a few notches in my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment