Friday, July 6, 2012

171/366

It's been a long time since Az actually slept in the pack 'n play, not for naps and not at bedtime. I have no idea how this happened. I'm not as upset as I might be, because I am a believer in co-sleeping and was always open to the possibility of Az moving permanently into my bed but I had hoped she would learn to fall asleep on her own in the pack 'n play. At the moment she still needs Miguel or me to lay down in bed with her until she falls asleep at night. She falls asleep for naps semi-independently if only Miguel is home, usually passing out on  the couch it seems, but if I'm around she very much insists on nursing or at least being in physical contact with me. It's been long enough since she has used the pack 'n play for anything but the play aspect so I think I'll be packing it up in the next few weeks, if not days. I'll move all of her stuffed animals and lovies to the chair it currently butts up against so that Az still feels like she has a place that is hers in the room, and I guess we'll just take it from there. I've played around with the idea of moving a bed I have downstairs in the basement up to the bedroom and calling it hers, though I know Miguel will spend more time in it than she will, but I'm not fully committed to the idea.

On this night I walked into my bedroom to find both of the kids sitting in the pack 'n play quietly reading their respective books. Z has never been allowed to sit in it because I was afraid he was too heavy so I'm not sure exactly why he was there, but since I'm planning on packing it up soon anyhow I figured it would be okay to let him get away with it this time. Z loves spending time in my bedroom and on my bed even though he has a very nice room of his own. I suspect that if Az gets a bed in my room he'll end up expecting one too.

No comments:

Post a Comment